FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you ship?
We currently do not ship. We are continuing to investigate the logistical questions in getting the donuts to arrive fresh and undamaged. We hope to offer shipping in the future.
Do you accept pre-orders?
We only accept pre-orders for one dozen or more with special rules for wedding orders. See our order ahead page.
What about large pre-orders?
We reserve the right to limit large pre-orders based on our ability to supply our retail locations; however, we appreciate those customers wishing to place a large order and do our best to fill them subject to the following terms.
- Orders must be for one dozen or more.
- Orders must be placed and paid for three days in advance.
- We do not deliver, but orders can be picked up at any retail location.
- Because we work with seasonal and locally sourced goods, NO flavors are guaranteed
- Seasonal flavors in larger quantities may be limited in availability on weekends
What about orders for Weddings?
Weddings are wonderful occasions, and we are always pleased when people want FDB to be a part of their special day. However, weddings do create particular issues for us. Almost all weddings take place on the weekend, our busiest time. We already face the challenge of providing enough products for our retail outlets. Also, weddings often present unique challenges in terms of planning, specific requests, and deadlines. Therefore, these are our terms for wedding orders:
- Orders must be a minimum of 36 products. (We recommend one per guest.)
- Orders must be placed and prepaid one week in advance. (Prepaid orders are nonrefundable.)
- Wedding orders are subject to a 10% surcharge for the above reasons.
- We do not deliver, but orders may be picked up at any retail location.
- Due to the seasonality of our flavors and ingredients, we do not guarantee every flavor requested. If you have sensitivities or allergies, please let us know beforehand. We will do our best to ensure none of those flavors are part of your order.
Why are your donuts more expensive than regular donuts?
There are several reasons why our donuts cost more. Here are three:
- We use only the finest ingredients. We use the highest quality "grass-fed" butter. All of our ingredients are non-GMO whenever possible. We buy organic and locally sourced whenever possible. We avoid soy whenever possible. These ingredients cost more and are not what you find in a regular donut or even advertised in any croissant donuts we've seen.
- It takes four days to make a 100 Layer Donut. Most traditional donuts take three hours or less to complete. Therefore, our donuts are far more labor-intensive. Regular donuts are generally dipped and decorated in bulk. Ours are handled individually, requiring more love and care by an actual human.
- This is a different donut-eating experience. With regular donuts, most people absentmindedly will eat two or three. With the 100 Layer Donut, most people fully engage and enjoy every bite of one to two donuts. Weight for weight each 100 layer Donuts weighs about the same as five regular glazed donuts. Instead of comparing a 100 Layer Donut to a regular donut, a better comparison would be an order on a restaurant dessert menu or at a specialty dessert shop.
How long will your donuts stay good?
Our 100 Layer Donuts are still quite good on the 2nd day. If they are kept longer, we recommend freezing (preferably in an airtight container) and thawing at room temp a couple of hours before eating. Our Paleo donuts are usually good for 3-4 days, and our Yeast Raised donuts should be consumed on the same day.
How can I find out what flavors are available?
Check out our monthly menu online for a list of current offerings. For a specific day, the best way is to call our locations. We will be happy to tell you what flavors are in-stock.
Do you do special designs?
We cannot do unusual shapes; however, we can usually do limited lettering. There is a surcharge of $1 per donut for lettering.
Do you sell Five Daughters Bakery gift cards?
What about nutritional information?
If you are interested, please email email@example.com with your request.
What are your ingredients?
While we do not release all our ingredient lists, we will happily answer specific questions. Address your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you accept returns or exchanges on Merch?
All items are subject to a 30-day refund/exchange policy. Any issues or questions should be communicated immediately to email@example.com. Refunds and exchanges will be processed as soon as possible.